7. Total Level of Hemoglobin and Hematocrit Value of Broiler Chickens after Given Moringa Leaves Fermented Flour (Moringa oleifera) in Feed

M. Hasan, Octa Sicillia Rampai, Arman Sayuti, Razali Daud, Abdul Harris, T. Armansyah TR, Gholib Gholib

Abstract


This study aimed to determine the effect of using Moringa leaves fermented flour in feed stock toward the increasing level of hemoglobin and hematocrit value on broiler chickens. This study used a completely randomized design that consists of 4 treatments and 5 replications. The study group was divided into group P0 which was given with 100% of commercial feed, group P1 was given 95% of commercial feed and Moringa leaves fermented flour 5%, group P2 was given 92.5% of commercial feed and Moringa leaves fermented flour 7.5%, and group P3 was given 90% of commercial feed and Moringa leaves fermented flour 10%. Fermentation using EM4 (Effective Microorganism-4) were able to decrease the crude fiber of Moringa leaves flour. The treatment was conducted for 15 days, then hemoglobin levels and hematocrit values were counted. Data were analyzed using ANOVA completely randomized design with SPSS for Windows 16.0. This research showed that giving Moringa leaves fermented flour for 15 days did not have a significally effect (P>0.05). The given Moringa leaves fermented flour in  feed for 15 days with 5%, 7.5% and 10% concentration was not show any increase in the levels of hemoglobin and hematocrit values.


Keywords


fermentation; hematocrit; hemoglobin; moringa leaves flour

Full Text:

PDF

References


Anggorodi, R. 1994. Ilmu Makanan Ternak Umum. Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Jakarta.

Erniasih, I. dan T.R. Saraswati. 2006. Penambahan limbah padat kunyit pada ransum ayam dan pengaruhnya terhadap status darah dan hepar ayam. Buletin Anatomi dan Fisiologi. 17(2):1-6

Gaman, P.M. dan K.B. Sherrington. 1992. Ilmu Pangan: Pengantar Ilmu Pangan Nutrisi dan Mikrobiologi. Edisi 2. Gadjah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta.

Gupta, A., M.K Gautam, R.K. Singh, M.V. Kumar, C.V. Rao, R.K. Goel, and S. Anupurba. 2010. Immunomodulatory effect of Moringa oliefera Lam extract on cyclophosphamide induced toxicity in mice. Journal of Experimental Biology. 48:1157-1160.

Guyton, A.C. dan J.E. Hall. 1997. Fisiologi Kedokteran. (Diterjemahkan oleh: Irawati, Ken Arita Tengadi dan Alex Santoso). Edisi 9. EGC, Penerbit Buku Kedokteran, Jakarta.

Hoffbrand A.V. dan J.E. Pettit. 1996. Kapita Selekta Hematologi. (Diterjemahkan oleh: Iyan D). Edisi 2. EGC., Penerbit Buku Kedokteran, Jakarta.

Jain, N.C. 1993. Essential of Veterinary Hematology. Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia.

Kasolo, J.N., G.S. Bimenya, L. Ojok, J. Ochieng, and W.O. Jasper. 2010. Phytochemicals and uses of Moringa oleifera leaves in Ugandan rural communities. Journal of Madicinal Plant Reseacrch. 4(9):753-757.

Khan, T.A. and F. Zafar. 2005. Haematological study in response to varying doses of Estrogen in broiler chicken. International Journal of Poultry Science. 4(10):748-751.

Krisnadi, A.D. 2015. Kelor Super Nutrisi. E-book. Blora, Jawa Tengah.

Li, C., Y. Dong, H. Hou, Q. Li, R. Zhang, R. Qin, Z. Li, Y. Bao, and W. Shi. 2013. Effects of tradisional Chinese herbal medicine on blood cell count and immunity in chickens. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 7(29):2081-2086.

Mayer, D.J. and J.W. Harvey. 2004. Veterinary Laboratory Medicine Interpretation and Diagnosis. Philadelphia.

Parakatsi, A. 1999. Ilmu Nutrisi dan Makanan Ternak Ruminansia. Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta.

Prasetyo, Y.T. 2013. Instan: Jahe, Kunyit, Kencur, Temulawak. Kanisius, Yogyakarta.

Rahmawati. 2015. Pengaruh Pemberian Seduhan Daun Kelor (Moringa oleifera Lamk) Terhadap Kadar Asam Urat Tikus Putih (Rattus norvegicus). Skripsi. Fakultas Kedokteran, Universitas Diponogoro, Semarang.

Ratnakomala, S., R. Ridwan, G. Kartina, dan Y. Widyastuti. 2006. Pengaruh inokulum Lactoba-cillus plantarim 1A-2 dan 1B-L terhadap kualitas silase rumput gajah (Pennisetum purpureum). Jurnal Biodiversitas. 7(2):131-134.

Saldah, I.P. 2015. Pengaruh Pemberian Kapsul Ekstrak Daun Kelor (Moringa oleifera) Terhadap Penurunan Kadar Glukosa Darah Sewaktu Penderita Prediabetes. Tesis. Program Studi

Kesehatan Masyarakat, Universitas Diponogoro, Semarang.

Santoso, U. and I. Aryani. 2007. Change in chemical composition of Cassava leaves fermented by EM4. JSPI. 2(2):9-12.

Schalm, O.W., G.J. Jain, and E.J. Caroll. 1986. Veterinary Haematology. 3rd Ed. Lea and Febinger, Philadelphia.

Setyono, D.J. dan M. Ulfah. 2011. 7 Sukses Menjadi Peternak Ayam Ras Pedaging. Penebar Swadaya, Jakarta.

Simbolan, J.M., M. Simbolan, dan N. Katharina. 2007. Cegah Malnutrisi dengan Kelor. Kanisius, Yogyakarta.

Smith, J.B. dan S. Mangkoewidjojo. 1988. Pemeliharaan, Pembiakan dan Penggunaan Hewan Percobaan di Daerah Tropis. Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta.

Sturkie, P.D. 1976. Avian Physiology. 3rd Ed. Spinger Verleg, New York

Sudha, P., S.M.B. Asdaq, S.S. Dhamingi, and G.K. Chandrakala. 2010. Immunomodulatory activity of methanolic leaf extract of Moringa oleifera in animals. Journal Pharmacol. 54(2):133-140.

Surung, M.Y. 2008. Pengaruh dosis EM-4 dalam air minum terhadap berat badan ayam buras. Jurnal Agrisistem. 4(2):25-30.

Tian, W.X., N. Sun, G.B. Ning, D.J. Zhang, J. Feng, T.X. Lv, Y. Wang, H.M. Wang, X.H. Wang and F. Li. 2013. Effects of gallid herpesvirus 2 marek's disease challenge virus and attenuated vaccine virus CVI988/rispens on immune adhesion of erythrocytes of chickens. International Journal of Poultry Science. 12(4):217-223.

Tillman, A.D., H. Hartadi, S. Reksohadiprodjo, S. Prawirokusumo, dan S. Lebdosoekojo. 1998. Ilmu Makanan Ternak Dasar. Gadjah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta.

Winarno, F.G. dan S. Fardiaz. 1980. Biofermentasi dan Biosintesis Protein. Angkasa, Bandung.

Winedar, H., S. Listyawari, dan Sutarno. 2006. Daya cerna protein pakan, kandungan protein daging, dan pertambahan berat badan ayam broiler setelah pemberian pakan yang difermentasi dengan Effective Microorganisms-4 (EM-4). Jurnal Bioteknologi. 3(1):14-19.

Wuryantoro, S. 2000. Kandungan Protein Kasar dan Serat Kasar Hay Padi Teramonisasi yang difermentasi dengan cairan Rumen. Skripsi. Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan, Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.21157/j.med.vet..v14i2.4299

DOI (PDF): https://doi.org/10.21157/j.med.vet..v14i2.4299.g13501

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2021 by author and J. Med. Vet.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
J. Med. Vet. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.